


One of Brett's birthday gifts was a fishing pole. Scott has been taking him out each night and they practice casting. Reagan takes a turn too. She does pretty well for having not been fishing in awhile. I was impressed. They were pretty sure I probably didn't know how to fish so I had to prove them otherwise....stinkers.
Let's see, what's been happening here. Reagan is finally letting me work on reading with her some. She realized the neighbor girl can read some words and wondered how that happened....practice my dear child, practice. So we're practicing more and have created a word book of words we've mastered.....granted, it's a small list, but it's forward progress. While convincing her to sound out a word last night we sat there silent, she then pipes in with, "I've got nothin' ". Scott and I laughed for a good while on that one.
She seems to be classifying herself into stereotypical "groups" these days, such as girls can't do this and boys are faster and better at that. I felt the need to tell her that I used to be faster than the boys in school (elementary school that is). She was amazed. Hopefully, she soon realizes she can accomplish whatever it is she puts her mind too. I'm bracing myself for a year of changes for Reagan as she enters Kindergarten in two weeks.
Brett is Brett, 100% boy. He just had a well child check and is in the 50th percentile for his age, so no complaints there. The Dr. thinks his eyes shift so that on top of the tear duct issues we've had in the past we're off to see the Ophthalmologist. I'm pretty positive his eyes don't shift, but it's an illusion due to his having a wide nose bridge like mine. We'll see what he says when we go in Sept.
We've put away the potty chair as we've decided he's good enough at going that he can use the big one like the rest of us. .....if only he could pull up his own pants....we're working on it. Sorry to get graphic but this I have to share. This afternoon he yelled from the bathroom, "Mom, I can't see if by butt is poopy because my head's on backwards." I could only laugh. Hilarious.
I'm good, feeling pregnant and still pretty tired. The OB nurse called yesterday to say that my blood tests showed my thyroid isn't working fully so she perscriped some meds to control that and we'll re-check it in 6 weeks to see if the dosage has to be adjusted. I spoke with my general practitioner today and she summoned the test results from the OB and agreed with her diagnosis and plan of action. Usually those with hypothyroidism have to medicate for the rest of their life. I'm secretly hoping it's the pregnancy and things even back out after they arrived. It could be the answer to why I've felt like I've been hit by a freight train even since before getting pregnant. We'll see.
Scott is good, busy with work, as usual with this duty. We've got a few small trips in the works and he doesn't know it yet, but today I compiled a to do list for the house so we can get things moving before the babies arrive and before we have to sell in 2 years.
We got to see my brother's last baseball game the other day since the game was near our house. Here is a picture of Reagan, Brett, Jana and Tyler watching Adam run the bases. He's number 17, on third base. He had quite the cheering section. Tyler figured he was so close to them being on third that he should be able to turn and talk to them. Too funny. The ended up losing their two games, but Adam recieved a scholarship from the American Legion, which was exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment