After spending Sat. in Dubuque we headed across the state line into Illinois to visit the town of Galena. I'm a sucker for old towns and it was beautiful. The leaves were a bit more colorful there. We found a neat park for the kids to play in. We took a little nature walk and had a leaf fight which was great. After the park we went downtown to tour that and see what it had to offer. We tackled a few antique stores searching for an old milk can to store Buddy's dog food in and were successful. Yippy for no more Iams dog food bag in the dining room!!!
On our way home we stopped off in a random little town and had another picnic their local park. It was a great weekend. I think the kids had a great time....and I got my leaf fix!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment