Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Natural History Museum

The kids didn't have school last Monday so I asked them each what they'd like to do and separately they both said go to the Natural History Museum.....so that's what we did! Here they are on the steps of the museum which is on the University of Iowa campus.
I let them take a picture by their favorite animal this time and Brett choose the walrus family.

Look at all the monkeys! I see 7 of them!!


Reagan chose to take a pic by the lions. Even though I told and showed them how they were stuffed and not real she was still a little freaked to turn her back to them. Silly girl.

Right near the Museum of Natural history is the Old Capitol Building. When Iowa entered the union as the 29th state in 1846, Iowa City was declared its capital. In 1857 it was decided that the state's capital and government needed a more central location in the state so a new capitol building was constructed and the governmental bodies relocated to Des Moines in the center of the state.

No comments: