Monday, March 18, 2013

Our cabin in Maggie Valley, NC



 This cabin was perfect in so many ways! The view was amazing, this was from the upper level deck. It was stocked with extras to keep everyone entertained, and it was central to a lot of great places! I heard of it when I liked a FB page to help my friend Kelly raise money for a MS bike race she was doing. The owners (Kelly's friends/neighbors in VA at the time) were donating a $1 per like. I got to looking at the pics and knew it was the perfect place for our fall getaway. Knowing that my parents usually like to visit during that time I called to see if they wanted to join us. They did! They drove from Iowa.

 The owners are a military family, like I said, and by the time we stayed there they were in Okinawa, Japan! They even called to make sure we got settled. Amazing! It was two stories. Two King bedrooms, then the basement had a pull out sofa. Movies and XBOX for the kids to play, foose ball, and a closet full of games, Legos, Knex, and all sorts of toys. Great thinking on their part!!


 The trees were gorgeous!

 Entertained little ones meant lots of peace and quiet for the adults. Mom and Scott knocked off a few puzzles. Reagan logged some ipad time playing this game and that. I sat by the fire with wine....aaah!



 Friends in New Bern frequented this area a lot and gave rave reviews about one of the local pancake houses so we gave it a try one morning when the weather wouldn't allow us to go to far. We were all fine with a day in. They were right about the restaurant too.....great cakes...and bacon! CHOMP!

 We were at a high enough elevation that we got snow when a big front came through the east. The kids LOVED that and had a little snow ball fight with Scott. I was happy it melted the next day!

 Another view.


 I had looked up a couple of belt loops Brett could get for cub scouts while on our trip. He did some of his requirements for a family vacation, hiking, nature, and gems. Learning how to properly use binoculars was one of his things to complete from something he'd started at camp. Grandpa was the perfect teacher!

Last year Grandma and Grandpa were at our house for Reagan's Birthday, but this year the trip was earlier so we could catch fall in the mountains. Grandma made her a cake anyways. :)

No comments: