Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Scandinavian Days

At the Scandinavian Days parade in Story City. They collected a lot of candy....oh yippee!
Here is a pick of the kids sitting on the "Green Bench". For the non R-S folks this bench used to sit outside of the Principal's office in the hallway at the middle school (grades 5-8) so when people got in trouble a teacher would send them to the bench. It was a small lesson in humiliation when your classmates and the rest of the school, for that matter, would see that you were being punished for something. Of course society has gone soft and the bench was looked at as a negative and embarrassing for kids and has since been taken out of the school. During the festival it was brought out and used as a fundraiser to raise money to save an old building downtown. I can proudly say I never got sent to the bench. I'm not so sure Scott can say the same.........Reagan has a mad face since I told her it was the naughty bench.
As for the rest of my Scandi Days pics, they are lost forever.....for some reason when I uploaded pics they didn't all upload and I, of course, didn't check as this has never happened before. Luckily the pics are ones I can redo.

No comments: