Sunday, October 16, 2011

Reagan gets an expander

This was my attempt at a before picture, but I think I should have zoomed in a lot more so we could really see the month to month changes that are going to occur. Reagan got an expander on Sept. 21. We had a consult with the orthodontist in late Aug. and they put in some spacers to make room for the expander. Those were in for two weeks, then she had a mold of her mouth made. Three weeks after that she got the expander. I had one as a 7th grader, I think and it was a lot more of a pain than hers is, they've changed the design, which is great! I'll have to snap a picture of it on the inside of her mouth. She'll get this off in 6 months, which is right around the time Daddy comes back or just after so it's serving as a bit of a countdown for her! I'll try and snap a picture every month to document the changes! She was a trooper according to Dr. Rankin! Go Reagan!! We did have to make an emergency after breakfast visit to the ortho to get the bands glued back in. While eating a bagel for breakfast one morning before school one popped off so there she was with a mouth full of metal! It wasn't wait I had planned for that morning, but if fell some where under the heading "other related duties". LOL

Brett and Brady at Dr. Rankin's office playing video games to pass the time.

No comments: