Sunday, January 29, 2012

Strolling the beach on horseback

I'm not a big fan of kid (friend) birthday parties so I was looking for something fun to do with Reagan for her birthday in replacement of a party. A friend told me about this place that does horseback riding along the beach, perfect! Dad wanted to ride along too, Mom thankfully was willing to stay back with Addison and Brady. We had a nice drive in the wetland areas and arrived at a barn where this lady runs her business out of. It was a bit run down, but she was very sweet and you could tell she adored those horses.

Here is Brett mounting his horse, Ringo Star.

Good job, Buddy!!

Reagan on her horse, King.

Dad on E.T.

Here we go! I was riding Honey.

The gal, Cathy, was great and took my camera so we could have some nice pictures. Brett's horse was bigger than Reagan's but more gentle for a first time rider.

Our guide was great, she was actually instructing the kids and let them trot with their horses. They did a great job.

We did the hour ride which included getting a ride across the water. FUN!!!

Our turn to trot........which I couldn't sink my feet and butt down hard enough.....sore bum the next day, yep....ouchie, but worth it!!

Headed back across the channel. It was gorgeous and the weather was perfect....MUCH better than a birthday party, Reagan agreed!

No comments: