Our duck friends are back in town. I think female ducks lead a pampered lifestyle. They have two males that cater to them and dote over them. The male in these pictures is very protective of his girl.....she rests and he's the look out. Very cute.
We've been feeding the ducks each morning and put out fresh water for them. They are loving the neighborhood even more now since the neighbors put in a pond last fall.. After a dip in the little pond and the neighbors they come to our house to eat and then adventure to the other neighbors to sit under their flowering crab tree all day long. They are fun to watch...as long as I can keep Brett from chasing them...he's such a boy!
Our other bird friends are back too. We're having fun counting cardinals. This year a dove family built their nest under our porch, but it blew down in the heavy winds we had a few weeks ago. We were sad to see their eggs smashed on the patio. In there place a robin built her nest. Brett noticed that one of her blue eggs was on the patio. We think a pesky black bird is the culprit there. I noticed mama robin in her nest today so she didn't abandon it, which I'm glad for. My goodness....who needs soap operas when you have all this wildlife around to keep track of.
We've also got some very fat rabbits that are nibbling my hostas, but not nearly as much as they did last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment