Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dental week at preschool

Here's Brett's art from dental week at preschool. The picture is what will happen if you don't brush your teeth according to Brett. Brett had a HORRIBLE experience at the dentist when we were in Iowa City and we were somewhat successful at fixing the problem right before we left. I was dreading finding a new dentist here. Luckily a friend from church's husband is a dentist and he takes our insurance!! He isn't a pediatric dentist but I decided if we talk about him and see him at church enough Brett will become more comfortable when it was time to go. I even made an appointment for Reagan and Brett came to watch and check out the office. It ends up that Dr. Seymore and his wife Stephanie coach their 7 year old's Upward basketball team. I was sure to point this all out to Brett so now every time (and I mean every) we saw him at church we'd say hello and he'd high five Brett. We did the same at Upward. I'd point him out and remind Brett that soon he'd be going to his office for a visit. We wondered if he'd where basketball clothes there too (hee, hee). Right before Brett's appointment Stephanie had posted some pictures on Facebook one of her sons dunking the basketball in a high school game). Showing these to Brett sealed the deal. How cool that one of his son's could dunk! LOL I'm happy to say we went in and Brett didn't even flinch and was an EXCELLENT patient! Yes! I'm telling or retelling this long story because only a week or so later they had this dental week at school and what does Brett come home an quiz me on? The kid that was deathly afraid of the dentist....he quizzes me on the fluoride content of our toothpaste! "Mom it has to have fluoride!" "Yes Brett, I know." Amazing, the transformation....I'll take it!!" He better get used to the dentist as Dr. Seymore said braces will be in is future! Big shocker.

No comments: