

We found the Arboretum with no problem, paid our $8 per car to enter and were welcomed by some beautiful fall scenery.

These trees lined a small hill that separated two parking lots......perfect sunlit leaves all dancing in a row.
We just played on the hill for a good half hour. The kids had a blast! Brett said, "Mom, don't you wish we would have brought our rake?!?" What a goof.

Buried big kids.

Can you find Reagan?

How about Brett?

Brady throwing leaves.

Addison throwing leaves.

Four happy kiddos.....Brett had just chugged a Kool aid and had a nice red mouth/lips/teeth....lovely.

They could have played all day on this hill, but I figured we better see what was inside.....!

In the leaves.

Just one last thing mom....rolling down the hill.

Well, we went inside and the nice lady let us check out an explorer pack. It had a net, binoculars, a magnifying glass, pictures of bugs and leaves and a map.

We found a love tree!
And a fort someone had made....I wouldn't let him go in it. I wasn't up for pulling him from the rubble if it toppled over. We turned many stones and logs and didn't find any good bugs to look at with the magnifying glass.....darn.

Pretty leaves.

Interesting leaf.

Colorful leaf. Reagan and I were in search for the best leaf....these were some contenders.

View from the back side of the Arboretum. We really should have married in the fall.....

Sisters......and Reagan with her biggest leaf! Now, on to find the Blue Ridge Parkway.
No comments:
Post a Comment