Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Birthday




Cards from the kiddos.

I'm way behind here, but I had a great birthday in Sept!! Scott sent flowers for me, and if getting them wasn't enough, the reaction of our girls to him sending flowers was priceless. They were smitten, for sure. With a glowing smile, swaying and her head to the side Reagan said, "He loves you." Awwwwwww. Yes he does! Thanks, Scott!
Reagan was a gem on my special day. She allowed me to sleep in and entertained the little two in the morning. She coordinated the card making party on my behalf and she made me a bagel, which was on this plate here, with this note. I'm not sure it's true, what she wrote, but if she thinks so then that's all that matters! It's something to strive for!
We went to church and when we got home there was a cake on my front step. My cake fairy was my dear friend Joyce, who didn't want me to have to make my own cake (even though I already had) It was still a very sweet, sweet gesture. Love her! We then went to my friend Amy's house for homemade pizza, homemade ice cream and cake!! It was a nice day. Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm saving my birthday money for an ipad2! We'll see how long it takes me to save!
I should mention I also had a very sweet card fairy. The day before my Birthday I received a card from our friend Darin and I figured he was being sweet and we have some insurance with him so I thought maybe this was something he just does, ya know. I also got one from a high school friend who was recently planning our 15th reunion and she knew I wasn't coming and that Scott was gone so I figured she was being sweet too. Then on the Monday after my birthday I got 3 more cards from friends and the next day a few more! I finally figured out that my dear friend Emily had messaged some mutual friends and asked them to help shower me with love on my birthday since Scott was gone. I love her. I thank all that participated: Darin, Nicole, Jessie, Abby, Jayme, Wendy, Carrie, Melissa and Emily. I really appreciate it!
I also got a card from another special gal and receiving it really made me smile.....REALLY smile! It completed my God wink moment of my week that week! My friend Nicole from college and her family sent me a sweet card.
The God wink was that my Bible study right now is on Women and Friendship. At the Bible study before my birthday the leader said to think of a friend that you really knows you and you could tell absolutely anything and they'd be right there for you, no matter what........that's Emily. Emily fills this role for many, she's that amazing and I only hope I've been as good of a friend to her.
Next, the leader said, now think of a friend that you maybe have lost touch with but you wish you hadn't but life has just separated you for one reason or another......that's Nicole. I love her deeply and her parents are amazing and when I think back of fond memories of college, that's who is in them. Now Nicole is married to Bill and has three beautiful children, a family I've never physically met, but think about all the time. My one true regret when we were living back in Iowa is not taking the time to reconnect like I'd hoped and planned. We've continued to trade Christmas cards and I love catching up that way but the craziness of life just got in the way, or I let it, rather. She said in her card that she reads this blog, which I didn't know, but it warms my heart. I thank God for confirming to me that the two very people I thought of that week as special, amazing and great, are just that! Thanks Ladies!!!

No comments: