In order to keep the ladies and kiddos of Scott's Det connected and sane I'm coordinating monthly potlucks. We had our first one mid Sept., one month into the deployment. We all met at Kidsville Park to play, eat, and enjoy each others company. Another thought is happy wives make for at ease husbands which makes for a happy OIC (Scott) which makes for a happy at ease me! It serves as a nice countdown as well! I need to get my rear in gear and get the location locked in for Oct.'s gathering. That one will be a tail gate theme wear we'll wear shirts or jersey's for our favorite college or pro team. We're going to eat walking tacos and paint pumpkins too!
We're getting Det Delta T shirts made too. I had a local screen printing business work with the MACS-2 logo to create one for the Det. Those are now ordered and will be here in a few weeks! Deployment, shmoiment.....we've got this! But we do miss our men!
No comments:
Post a Comment